Outside the European Union, several countries have introduced VAT; such is the case for Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Turkey, Russia, Mexico, South Africa, etc.
Nevertheless, these VAT regimes do not necessarily follow the same rules as in Europe and do not allow for the same simplifications.
Operating in these countries might require the creation of a permanent establishment, as a VAT registration without permanent establishment is not always possible or only for certain types of operations.
Before starting operations, you should also bear in mind that any VAT incurred before the creation of a structure in the country may not be recoverable. It is therefore strongly recommended not to start operations before having clarified the possibility of recovering VAT and having analyzed establishment issues of your company in the country concerned.
VAT Systems will be in charge of identifying the existing solutions and obligations in the country for your projected operations. If required, we can also handle the creation of the permanent establishment and the related declarations, in order to guarantee your VAT compliance outside of Europe.
- 1Assessment of the VAT implications of international operations
- 2If necessary, registration of Permanent Establishment or set up of company with the competent tax authorities
- 3Reception of accounting documents and accounting data
- 4Compliance control of accounting documents and reconciliation between received documents and data
- 5Preparation and filing of periodic declarations, and when necessary, corporate income tax return, balance sheets etc.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
In some countries a GST system is in place. In Australia for example, we will handle your GST compliance by registering your company with the tax authorities.Please note that in Australia it is possible to recover the input GST paid in the past years before the registration.