Data Extraction Engineer - fluent English
Ryan VAT Systems is an international group, offering services in the area of VAT compliance, tax representation and foreign VAT recovery to Key Account clients in Europe. Ryan VAT Systems is part of Ryan LLC Group (www.ryan.com). Headquartered in the United States, with 2,500 employees in 4 continents, Ryan LLC is the largest firm in the world exclusively dedicated to corporate taxation.
Data Extraction Engineer
The Data Engineer, Data Extraction ("Data Engineer") works within Ryan’s Tax Recovery Group and assists in obtaining, reconciling, analyzing, and preparing data for use in performing sales tax consulting engagements with emphasis on preparing eReviews for the Service Delivery teams quickly and efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team experience.
- Assists in the acquisition, extraction, and transfer of client data.
- Assists clients in retrieving data from their systems.
- Leverages leading edge tools such as SQL Server, SSIS and Alteryx to process and analyze client data.
- Engages with teammates in multiple time zones to ensure independent completion of high-quality, timely deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A college degree or a post-secondary degree in Information Systems or Computer Sciences is required. Exposure to accounting and ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards is a definite asset. Knowledge of at least one database platform and or ETL tool suite is required (SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS, Alteryx highly preferred). Knowledge of Python highly preferred. The candidate will be detail-oriented, possess strong communication skills, is enthusiastic, positive, and willing to learn. Accounting experience not required but is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have beginner knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook; SQL; and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and possibly clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 30%.
Applications: If you wish to be considered for this role, please send us your CV to the firstname.lastname@example.org together with the Reference: Data Extraction Eng.